Inland Metal Technologies
Inland is currently looking for an intern or two to help fill up 20+ hrs / week. As a full disclaimer for the AE students, this is a sheet metal manufacturing company so aerospace knowledge will not be necessary prior to applying. However, Inland has expressed that they believe experience in their office "would be a great way to learn about other important skills (not taught in school) that could help them in their future careers: communicating, presenting, designing for manufacturability (DFM), designing for assembly (DFA), inside knowledge of working with/as vendors and suppliers, etc".
· Creating “Work Instruction Guides”
o Ability to convey critical information clearly and concisely
o Ability to communicate with individuals of varying backgrounds
o Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Publisher, Project, etc.)
· Lean Manufacturing Concepts: Line Design & Balancing, 5S, 7 Wastes, etc.
o Critical thinking skills to solve problems with inefficiency
o Detail oriented when it comes to data collection
o Ability to critically think about and interpret collected data
· Fixture Assembly
o Some experience with hand/power tools to be able to support prototyping
o CAD experience (SOLIDWORKS preferred)
o Ability to interpret mechanical drawings
o MRP and/or ERP experience
OSSI is a NASA-wide system for the recruitment, application, selection and career development of high school, undergraduate, and graduate students primarily in science, technology, engineering and mathematics disciplines. Opportunities for students in other disciplines are available. Various internships based off level of education, major, and location are offered by season for Summer and Fall of 2017.
Locations may vary
Summer Internship: 10/18/2016 - 03/01/2017
Fall Internship: 03/03/2017 - 05/31/2017
Space Systems Loral (SSL)
SSL is offering multiple full-time internships for positions such as Payload Systems Core Engineering, Mechanical Core Engineering, Quality/Industrial/ Manufacturing Core Engineering, Electrical Core Engineering, Software Core Engineering, and Spacecraft Systems Engineering. More information can be found on the website under the descriptions of each position.
Palo Alto, Ca
All applications: 2/28/2017
Virgin Galactic 2017 Summer Intern (Ground Test Systems Engineering)
Design of test facilities for testing of propulsion system components, engines, structures and avionics.
Development of data acquisition systems and control system programming.
Write test plans for composites allowables development, MRB, fatigue, subscale fatigue and full scale testing for development and certification purposes.
Have an understanding and wide application of engineering principles and concepts relating to designing test fixtures for coupon, sub assembly and full scale tests.
Currently enrolled in an ABET accredited university, pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Aerospace, Mechanical, Electrical or Manufacturing Engineering, Materials Science and Physics.
Minimum 3.5 GPA strongly preferred.
Ideal candidates juniors and seniors
Must be a U.S. citizen and permanent resident of the U.S. or eligible to obtain requirements from the Department of State
CA-Long Beach and CA-Mojave
Lockheed Martin is offering internships to all Engineering majors, mathematics, and physics majors. Their programs intend to provide you with real-world experience through,
- Clear objectives and prospects for future opportunities within and across the business
- Training modules that groom you for professional success through strong business, communication, and customer support skills
- Formal end-of-assignment presentation of your innovations, ideas and experiences to an audience of team leaders and executives
- Leaders and mentors who offer guidance and support for your overall career goals
- A Buddy Program to help you assimilate into our work environment and culture with greater ease
- Access to company executives eager to share their experience and knowledge as technology, engineering, and business pioneers
- Peer-to-peer "community interchanges" where students can share their projects and programs with one another
- Volunteer activities, social events, and networking opportunities with local team members and subject matter experts in the field
Location may vary